Sunday, November 15, 2009

CHOICE Humanitarian Gala

After months of planning we finally held our fundraising gala last night. It was located in an air plane hanger in Salt Lake City and was actually a pretty cool venue. I spent most of the night making sure our 670 guests were all happy and well taken care of which was often a bit of a challenge. We had hors d'oeuvre representing the 5 countries we work in, African singer and dancers, live and silent auctions, dinner, and a program. It was a lot of fun but exhausting. While I was running all over the place in my high heals (ouch!), Steve helped by hosting Dad and Jalene who ended up holding the winning raffle ticket for two air plane tickets. Nice work!

I think Steve's favorite part of the whole night was the clean up. I'll give you one guess where Steve is in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. very cute black dress.

    glad your hard work paid off.

    smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, you look fantastic. I'm glad it all went well for you. I'm sure Chris would be into that kind of cleanup as well.

    ReplyDelete