Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spooky Halloweens of Years Past!

(Darin, Shelly, Me: 1982)
As kids, Halloween was awesome! We loved decorating the yard and piecing together an outfit from the box of homemade Halloween costumes.
(Here is one such homemade costume.
I'm not really sure what I am either. Awesome. 1987)

(This is one of my favorite photos of us decorating.)

(California Raisins, Superman, Strawberry Shortcake, Witch: 1981)

We would use plastic orange sacks for real trick-or-treating (not the sad trunk-or-treating that is so popular now) and when we got home we would line up all our candy in rows to compare our hauls. When we got older we devised a rubber spider tied to a fishing line that ran through our front room window. This way we could drop the spider on trick-or-treaters as they walked up the porch and then listen to them scream!

Sigh, those were good time.


This year we enjoyed a Halloween party with friends and even got dressed up for the occasion. Not a single trick-or-treater came to the door but we had a fun time eating and playing.

(Marilyn and hubby Joe DiMaggio: 2010)

(goblin key lime cream cheese ball)

3 comments:

  1. I like the memories. Even though I wasn't there it seems familiar (maybe I've seen the pics too many times). Cute cheese ball ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have great memories of halloween at your house...i was always jealous at how cool your costumes were and the decorations! what fun memories!

    ReplyDelete