I made it to Alaska safe and sound.I will stay here for a week and then return to Utah for a few weeks before driving back for good. I have spent most of today unloading boxes and cleaning the house. Steve and I attended our ward on Sunday. It is a pretty small ward and everyone seems nice. It is obvious we are in Alaska - pre Sunday school chit-chat included the latest neighborhood moose sightings, we talked about canning salmon in Relief Society, a gentleman introduced himself to me and then proceeded to show me photos on his iphone of the fish he caught last week. We were also informed of the church weather policy.
-30 degrees: sacrament meeting only, -40 degrees: sacrament only.
We have had beautiful fall weather so far but it is getting cooler. We went for a great bike ride to the river on Saturday and then Steve and I camped in Denali over the long weekend and it was amazing. (photos to come).
Steve also bought a water tank so we can fill up our water supply. We will probably have to fill up a few times a week.
It looks beautiful! Glad you got to join him for a few days!
ReplyDeleteI love the church policies!! Sounds like you'll have some great Sundays!
ReplyDelete