Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Perfect Morning

This morning I woke up to this beautiful sunrise and 25 degree weather. It is amazing how warm 25 degrees feels when you have been in the negatives for so long. I didn't even need a hat or gloves when I replaced my UT licence plates with Alaska ones this morning. Then we had a little visitor. I looked out my window and saw a small moose walking around our house.


It was so nice outside I had no problems wading knee high in snow to snap a few photos. It was so exciting! She scoped me out a few times but was way more interested in munching on leaves and sticks than the little figure half buried in the snow.









The warmer weather is making all the snow on our A-frame roof slide off in large quantities so every once in a while it sounds like there is an avalanche going on outside. I'm just hoping one doesn't fall outside our front door so I get stuck inside. I am picking Steve up from work today so he can't come home to dig me out if needed.

1 comment: