Saturday, August 22, 2015

Room Makeover

Operation Maddison Room Makeover phase 1 is complete. Earlier today Maddison had a bed with an orange bedspread and a blue flannel blanket clothes-pined to her blinds acting as a curtain (sorry, no before photos). Not very girly or fun. While Steve kept her busy I redid her room with new curtains I sewed, an old but cute quilt of mine, a newly painted nightstand and cute wall decals. 
She was super excited to see it. She kept saying, "Wow. Wow. Wow. I love it. Wow. Thank you!" In a sweet little voice. It was really cute. 

The excitement continued until bed time when she informed me, "I'm not sleepy, I'm play-e." 
She usually gets up and comes to our room a few hours after she goes to sleep - half asleep and needing to use the bathroom. Tonight, I heard some bumping around and crying in her room and when I checked on her the poor thing couldn't figure out how to get out of her room since her bed was in a different place. Hopefully she gets use to the new arrangement fast. 

Phase 2 will be book shelves, toy organization and a place to hang her art work. Let's hope it doesn't take me a year to get that done. 


1 comment: