Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year Resolutions

On 25 August 1875 Capt. Matthew Webb was the first man to swim the English Chanel. It took him 22 hours.
Well, it looks like it is that time of year again when we look back at our New Year resolutions to see if we actually did any of them. Looks like I was at about 50% for 2009 gaols.

Last year I wanted to start a blog, sew something, learn to make bread...check, check, check. But I didn't make it to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro nor did I send more thank you notes.

Steve met his savings goal and rekindled an old hobby (bought a dune buggy) but did not look into swimming the English Chanel.

We created our goals for 2010 and again aspired for greatness. Some of my 2010 goals are (in no particular order):

1. Go to the temple once a month.
2. Buy a curling iron. (I have never owned one in my 31 years of existence. This is big!)
3. Go on an adventure with Steve once a month.
4. Organize my recipes. (currently they are loose pieces of paper scattered all over the laundry room.)
5. Write in my journal monthly.
6. Visit my Grandma in California.
7. Sew another something.
8. Be better prepared to teach our Sunday School class each week. (no more waiting until 10pm Saturday night)

A few of Steve's are:

1. Fix the dune buggy.
2. Go canyoneering.
3. Visit the Pfost Grandparents in Glens Ferry ID.
4. Read a few Novels. (not sure which ones yet)
5. Have fun at work.
6. Go on a week long vacation.

I'll let you know next year how we did.

2 comments:

  1. I like your goals! Curling iron; that is big! As for recipe organizing, I did that this past year; 3-hole punched all that loose paper and put them in binders with sectional tabs. I AM SO GLAD I DID IT! It's so easy to find my recipes. Let me know what you want to sew; maybe we should pick a project together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously - you've never had a curling iron? With all that pretty blonde hair? I will BUY you one if you don't!!! J/K. Love the goals! I won't publish mine because I know they won't get done! But I'm sure you will get all yours done!

    ReplyDelete