During the normal season Denali National Park only allows their own busses to transport people through the park but for 4 days, at the end of the season, they allow 400 cars a day to drive the 90 miles into the park. Those lucky cars are chosen via a lottery method. Unfortunately, Steve and I have never won the lottery but this year we were lucky enough to have some friends who won but could not go. They gave us their ticket. {sing "I've got a golden ticket" song from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory here}
We were so excited to go but it takes a long time to drive the 180 miles (it took us 10 hours) so we were not sure how Maddison would handle it. She did pretty good and was mostly happy as long as we kept her supplied with lots of yummy snacks.
It was overcast for the first part of the day but the sun peaked through the clouds in the afternoon.
Maddison brushing up on her Denali animal facts.
Maddison was way more interested in the rocks than posing for a photo so this was the best I could do.
If you look really really hard, you can see the moose in the back ground. It is the brown speck at the other end of the pond.
Here is one of my favorite shots. You can see more of my faves on Facebook.
I feel like I was really able to soak in fall on this trip so even though I'm not happy about it, I guess winter can come.
No comments:
Post a Comment