Sunday, February 15, 2009

Snow was invented for snowshoes!

For years after I moved to Utah I hated winter. It was cold and dark and you couldn't do much outside. After quite a few years of grumbling I decided to learn to love it, so I took up skiing and snowshoeing. Now, snowshoeing is one of my favorite outdoor activities.
For Valentine's day Steve and I met up with our friends, Michelle and Neil, in Midway for a little snowshoeing adventure. It was so beautiful and a great escape from the indoor blues. We hiked to the top of a large hill and had a great view of the setting sun and quiet snowy landscape.

After completing our hike we took our frozen selves to the natural hot springs near by and soaked in the hot, hot water. The water was so hot we didn't last long but it was such a great time. I feel so honored to live in such a beautiful place, have such amazing friends and be married to such a wonderful husband. So to you, Winter, I say "bring it on!" I have plenty of things to keep me happy during these few dark miserable months.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome. I've never been snowshoeing. It looks like a lot of fun. I need to get out of this land of perpetual sunshine and into some good old cold utah snow.

    Welcome to the blogging world. I'm glad you gave in.

    ReplyDelete