Friday, February 20, 2009

My Grandma has a serious addiction...

A few days ago I received a phone call from my grandma with something to confess. I talk to my grandma about once a week but usually I am the one to call her so when she calls me...I know something is up. This is how the conversation went, and the funny thing is, I've had this same exact conversation with her many times before.

G-ma: Oh no, you wont believe it but I've done it again.

Me: Grandma, what did you do?

G-ma: I told myself I would stop.

Me: Grandma, did you buy another recipe book?

G-ma: YES! But this is the last one, I promise! I'm done.

My grandma gets sucked into buying those small recipe books they sell at the check-out-stands at the grocery store. Their tempting photos of fudge cakes, colorful cookies and steaming dinners is too much to resist. Once purchased, she realizes she really doesn't need them so ends up giving them away to various family members. So now I have a check-out-stand cake recipe book, two cookie books and a slow cooker book. This adorable woman cracks me up! We will see if this truly is the last time she will succumb to her addition, but if it is, who will be my supplier when I need a good recipe book fix?

My wonderful Grandma turns 82 today.
Happy Birthday Grandma B!

3 comments:

  1. I have a cookbook addiction. So if grandma actually manages to quit, don't be surprised when they start coming from sister-in-law instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love cookbooks too, but can never bring myself to buy them so if you or your grandma ever need someone to give them to, pass them my way :)

    ReplyDelete