Steve and I went on an adventure to the Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe, UT last weekend. We knew it was going to be a good trip when the lady we made reservations with warned us "You know, we are kind of a hippie place." Excellent. Our trip began well when we ran into traffic just south of Utah County due to escaped sheep on the freeway. Another good omen.
We rented a small cabin that used to be an old chicken incubator. It was the only cabin on the property that did not have electricity or heat but we made due with a propane heater we got for Christmas from Steve's parent. With all the holes in the cabin the heater kept the place just above freezing temps. Steve loves the cold so he slept like a rock and I spent the night trying not to become an ice cube.
The springs trickle down from the mountains filling two large pools and a series of bathtubs. The tubs have been there so long that they have melted into the landscape.

Our cute little cabin was right next to a fish pond.
It was so cold, Steve's towel froze solid!
It was a really fun trip and we plan to go back if anyone wants to come. I think in the summer they have concerts there and you can rent out hippie buses to sleep in. Who's in?

How fun! Weekend getaways are awesome!
ReplyDeleteNow if this was a real hippy place... could you bathe neked?
ReplyDeleteI'm in! And how do I get booked to play a concert there? I love those tubs!
ReplyDeletelooks like a relaxing time! I wish I was there!Are you guys coming out to california anytime soon?
ReplyDelete