...Sort of. Our friends Merissa and Jason recently bought some chicks (as in baby chickens) and made Steve and I official God Parents of them. I'm not sure exactly what this means but I think it involves being responsible for
their moral
upbringing and if for any reason Merissa and Jason cannot take care of them (i.e. they are out of town) the responsibility falls on us. We have already visited the chicks and I have told them all to behave so that's taken care of. We haven't had to chick sit yet but we are standing by if needed.

That seems to be popular around here too, the Primary had an activity where the kids were able to hold the baby chicks that one of the Presidency members had and then at church the next day another family brought their baby chicks around to all the primary classes. It worked great with my lesson "I am Thankful for Animals".
ReplyDeleteMaybe Stinson can help you Chick sit :)
ReplyDeleteOh our babies; they look so cute! Unfortunately, they are teenagers now and might be a handful due to sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Ah, the joys of parenting. And no Stinson is not allowed to help take care of them.
ReplyDelete