

This is Vareniki. It is a potato filled pasta. Steve said most of the meals Russians have are very simple like this. We ate it with butter and a little sour cream and it was quite tasty.

On the other hand this Russian soda called Kvas was pretty nasty. It is made from barley. Steve guzzled it down while I just sipped. It kind of grew on me a little by the end.
And for dessert, Pecheniye. Yummy little cookies with a cute cow on them. It was fun to experience an authentic Russian meal. I'm going to try to make the Vareniki one day and when I do you are all invited. I won't make you try the Kvas.
Yummy. V sleduyuschiy raz priglasite menya. We need to get together sometime. We are in Kaysville right now, staying with Scott's aunt while we are looking for a place to rent. We're trying to rent a townhouse in Farmington. If everything goes through, we'll be able to move in sometime in the beginning of April. Maybe we'll have you over for a Russian dinner of my own, once we're all settled in.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I hate Kvas.