Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mission Accomplished!

Steve and I decided one of our New Year's resolutions would be to pawn something. That's right. I said pawn, as in take something we don't want anymore into a seedy, sketchy pawn shop and see what happens. We are proud to say we can check this one off our list.
Steve's sister was getting rid of an old stereo system and donated it to our cause. We took it to one of the many pawn shops by our house and carried it inside. They guy helping us was very nice. He looked up the stereo on his computer and quoted us a price so there was no bartering, no sweet talking him into giving us more money. I was kind-of hoping for some good bartering. Next I was photographed and fingerprinted. No kidding! And then we were handed some cash. It actually only took a few minutes and was much less complicated than I imagined.
Oh, yeah. I guess you are all wondering how much we made. We walked away with $26.00. We took our earnings and hit the town as seasoned pawn-ers!

3 comments:

  1. This is possibly the coolest New Year's resolution I have ever heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might just have to be an idea we steal... I love thinking of ways to get rid of stuff around the house, and money for exotic meals and adventures to boot!

    ReplyDelete