I had some visitors today and one of them brought her two small boys. To keep them occupied she brought a drawing board for each of them. Then she gave them a few of those large magic markers. Off came the caps and my attention immediately was focused on those fat markers. As the boys began to fight and the pens began to wave I began to get nervous. They were awfully close to my leather couch, my cool coffee table and way too close to one of the cute pillows I painstakingly sewed.
These markers were the two ended type...with a marker at each end and when the second cap came off my palms began to sweat. I couldn't focus on a word my visitors had to say. With 4 open markers and two boys fighting over each color, pretending to draw on walls, blinds and plant, dropping the markers on the floor, I thought for sure something of mine was going to get a brand new look. One pen was just millimeters from my cute pillow and I couldn't take my eyes from that blue tip as it swirled and jabbed around in the air. I could feel my bottom lip beginning to make that little pouting/quivering motion as I held my breath. Those 20 minutes felt like an hour! Twenty minutes of pure anxiety.
In the end, everything was safe but now I am worried what will happen when I am a parent! I could hardly handle a few markers! I'm in trouble.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Most parents (and I believe that you will be in this category) are wise enough to not let their children draw with magic marker while not being at a table let alone at someone elses home. However they are now making these neat new markers that only color on the special paper that comes with them and nothing else which relieves a lot of worry.
ReplyDelete